We all need a repertoire of 10 seconds before we have to go to the next activity dinners, and here’s one that’s a big hit with my kids even though it’s not pizza or fish sticks!
As I’ve gotten busier, I’ve not been so patient with measuring, so this is one of those not very specific recipes!
- Couple of quarts of stock of your choice – I usually use chicken
- Block of extra-firm tofu, cut into cubes or strips
- Package of Saifun bean thread noodles (or Maifun rice sticks)
- “Enough” frozen corn kernels
- Salt, pepper, garlic to taste
Um, OK, this is kinda tough…. Take all ingredients, throw in pot, heat until it’s warm enough & noodles are edible – maybe 10 minutes?
My kids LOVE the clear noodles, and they’ll all eat corn. They don’t all eat the tofu, but I was surprised that several of them do enjoy it.
In any case, it’s fairly healthy, quick, easy, and cheap – meeting many of my go-to meal requirements. There could be all sorts of variations, I’m sure – please share yours.
This post is part of Pennywise Platter Thursday at The Nourishing Gourmet http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2011/04/pennywise-platter-thursday-10.html